We all have those times when life gets us down, we are all so busy rushing off to do a million things that sometimes creativity takes a back seat.
I have come up with an emergency creative boosting list, these are just a few things that we do on a regular basis to help boost our creativity, or sometimes to just wake up our creative minds.
Try a few of these things, we would love to hear how you go….
- Get on Pinterest!!! This is my number 1 fall back! How can you search through Pinterest & not let others creativity rub off on you!
- Go outside! – Take a walk in a park on soft grass with bare feet, go to the beach & walk along the sand. Fresh air & pretty scenery always feeds my creativity
- Take a trip to your local stationary store, here we love Typo, and Kikki K. They always have beautiful stationary, & little bits and pieces that will make me buzz with ideas.
- Facebook, message, call or go visit with one of your creatively minded friends. Being around others who are creative will light an inspiring fire in you.
- Watch an inspiring movie, something with amazing scenery, & a feel-good fun storyline.
- Pump some tunes! – Music is known to be an instant mood changer, make it upbeat & loud!
- Get our your old felt tip pens & pencils – I know this sounds a little ‘young’ for some, but don’t be put off, there are some sensational adult colouring books out there, try this one.
- Make friends with your kitchen. – Bake, Cook, and get creative with food. I spend hours poring over gorgeous cookbooks, getting ideas, and then creating some tasty treats! Try these blogs for outstanding photography and recipes. What Katie Ate, Sophie Dahl, Call Me Cupcake.
- Markets – Local craft markets & bazaars always get my brain juices flowing, so many ideas, and a great way to spend your weekend!
- Take time to dream. – Give yourself some quiet time, dream, think, and indulge in some self-made inspiration time.
- Just do it! – You may have ideas already, but haven’t found the time to act on them. If you just begin a little project, this will often lead you down the rabbit hole of creativity.